Imagine speaking to a classroom or even an auditorium full of students knowing that everyone understands you, remembers your key messages and feels you are a confident speaker. Wouldn't it be great to know that you can speak to any sized audience and that you will always come across your very best?
In this Public Speaking for College Students course you will learn the following:
*How to speak with confidence inside and outside the classroom
*How to avoid the common speaking blunders made by most other college students
*How to rehearse important presentations on video
*How to make fellow students and adults remember your messages
This course is delivered primarily through spoken lecture. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking. The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
What are the requirements?
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 20 lectures and 2.5 hours of content!
- Speak effectively to fellow college students and others outside of school
- Present with confidence and ease
- Avoid the common blunders made by most other college students when they present
- Rehearse your most important presentations using video
What is the target audience?
- College students who must give presentations inside and outside the classroom
Language of instruction: English