Imagine speaking at a high tech conference and the attendees are making favorable comparisons between your speaking skills and those of the late Steve Jobs. Wouldn't it be great to know that you have the skill to take the most complex technology and make it easily understandable, memorable and desirable to the public?
In this Public Speaking for High Tech Executives course you will learn the following:
*How to avoid the most common speaking blunders made by high tech executives
*How to use slide shows effectively
*How to rehearse using video
*How to look and sound confident and authoritative
*How to get the audience talking about your messages
This course is delivered primarily through spoken lecture. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking.
The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
What are the requirements?
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 20 lectures and 10.5 hours of content!
- Speak effectively about high tech products and services
- Not make common speaking blunders made by many high tech executives
- Rehearse key presentations using video
- Simplify messages in order to make them more understandable and memorable
What is the target audience?
- This course if for high tech executives who have to make presentatons
Language of instruction: English