Imagine speaking to a classroom full of other kids and knowing that everyone is understanding you and impressed by how comfortable, confident and relaxed you seem. Wouldn't it be nice to never again become nervous before speaking in front of class, teachers or parents?
In this Public Speaking for Kids course you will learn the following:
*How to relax before giving any presentation
*How to organize your thoughts
*How to practice your presentation on video
*How to make teachers, parents and fellow students be impressed by your speaking abilities
This course is delivered primarily through spoken lecture. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking.
The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
What are the requirements?
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 18 lectures and 1 hour of content!
- Deliver effective classroom presentations
- Speak in a variety of academic and extra-curricular situations
- Present with confidence
- Develop greater comfort when speaking in front of other kids and adults
What is the target audience?
- This course is for all elementary school kids
Language of instruction: English