Imagine yourself speaking in front of an audience and everyone perceives you as supremely confident, relaxed and assertive. Wouldn't it be great to know that you never have to be seen as passive again, and that you can speak in an assertive and confident style?
In this How to a Be More Assertive Public Speaker course, you will learn the following:
*How to avoid the common mistakes that make speakers look scared, nervous and timid
*How to rehearse in a way that guarantees you look and feel confident
*How to structure your speech to make it easier for you to deliver
*How to improve all aspects of delivery
This course is delivered primarily through spoken lecture. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking.
The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
What are the requirements?
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
What am I going to get from this course?
- Appear more assertive in every presentation
- Speak with more confidence
- Rehearse presentations to build confidence
- Improve all aspects of delivery
What is the target audience?
- This course is for anyone who would like to appear more assertive when giving presentations, speeches or talks
Language of instruction: English