Imagine that every time you speak in front of the classroom your students are riveted to your words and ideas. Wouldn't it be great to know that you can make your academic topic instantly understandable and memorable to students, even if they aren't taking detailed notes?
In this How Teachers and Educators Can Lecture More Effectively course you will learn the following:
*How to use stories to make your ideas more memorable
*How to avoid the most common mistakes made by boring teachers and professors
*How simple movement around the classroom can increase student attention and engagement
*How to protect and save your speaking voice
This course is delivered primarily through spoken lecture. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking.
The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
What are the requirements?
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
What am I going to get from this course?
- Speak more effectively in front of the classroom
- Save and protect your voice
- Engage your students at a deeper level
- Help your students remember the most important concepts more easily
What is the target audience?
- This course is for teachers, professors and educators who want to improve their classroom presentation skills
Language of instruction: English