Imagine that you can speak up at anytime in meetings and everyone in the room understands your messages and is impressed by your confidence and authority. Wouldn't it be great to feel you can speak up at anytime and voice your opinions with clarity and ease?
In this How to Speak Up at Meetings course you will learn the following:
*How to speak up at meetings
*How to hide nervousness when speaking up at meetings
*How to prepare in advance to speak up at meetings
*How to make sure people can hear and understand you
This course is delivered primarily through spoken lecture. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking.
The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
What are the requirements?
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
What am I going to get from this course?
- Speak up at meetings
- Project confidence when speaking in front of others
- Gather your thoughts quickly in order to offer impromptu comments
- Rehearse comments for meetings
What is the target audience?
- This is for anyone who has to speak up or participate in meetings and is less than 100% confident when doing so
Language of instruction: English