Imagine yourself giving a presentation on your financial approach to retirement planning to a room full of prospects and everyone is paying close attention to you and nodding their heads in agreement. Wouldn't it be great to be able to speak about financial concepts to laypersons and have them instantly understand and remember your most important concepts?
In this Public Speaking for Financial Advisers course you will learn the following:
*How to avoid the common speaking blunders that most financial advisers make
*How to use PowerPoint effectively, not as a sleep aide.
*How to appear confident and credible when talking about money
*How to rehearse presentations on video effectively
This course is delivered primarily through spoken lecture. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking.
The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
What are the requirements?
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 24 lectures and 3 hours of content!
- Make financial concepts understandable to the public
- Present financial concepts in a memorable way
- Avoid common blunders that plague the speeches of most financial advisers
- Give financial presentations effectively
What is the target audience?
- This course if for financial advisers who must give presentations to prospects and clients
Language of instruction: English