Imagine speaking in front of your board and every director is listening to you intently and nodding their heads in agreement. Wouldn't it be nice to know that every time you speak to your board of directors that you can come across as confident, understandable and memorable?
In this How to Give a Boardroom Speech course you will learn the following:
*How to avoid the common blunders that destroy the effectiveness of most boardroom presentations
*How to rehearse properly before a boardroom speech
*How not to bore board members
*How to get board members to pay attention and remember your key points
This course is delivered primarily through spoken lecture. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking.
The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
What are the requirements?
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
What am I going to get from this course?
- Give a boardroom speech with confidence
- Deliver PowerPoint slides effectively
- Speak in a formal environment without being intimidated
- Get board members to understand and remember your key messages
What is the target audience?
- Executives who have to give presentations to boards of directors
Language of instruction: English