Imagine that every time you give a one on one presentation, the other person comes away with a strong and positive sense of what you are about, what your message is, and why they should help you. Wouldn't it be great to know that every time you meet someone for a one on one presentation, you are coming across your very best?
In this How to Give a One on One Presentation course you will learn the following:
*How to avoid the common blunders that hurt most people in one on one presentations
*How to focus on your key messages for the presentation
*How to make the other person feel comfortable with you
*How to rehearse your presentation on video
This course is delivered primarily through spoken lecture. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking.
The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
What are the requirements?
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
What am I going to get from this course?
- Give effective one on one presentatons
- Eliminate nervousness before presentations
- Practice one on one presentations using video
- Plan moments of engagement for each one on one presentation
What is the target audience?
- This is for business people and students who have to make one on one presentations for high stakes
Language of instruction: English