Imagine giving your retirement speech and every one of your colleagues feels as though you are personally speaking to them and thanking them in a meaningful way. Wouldn't it be nice to end your career on a high note by giving a retirement speech where you hit all the right notes?
In this How to Give a Retirement Speech you will learn the following:
*How to give a great retirement speech
*How to plan stories for your speech
*How to practice your speech on video
*How to use the right amount of emotion and retain composure
This course is delivered primarily through spoken lecture. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking.
The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
What are the requirements?
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
What am I going to get from this course?
- Give a great retirement speech
- Organize a retirement speech
- Rehearse a retirement speech on video
- Connect with colleagues in a meaningful way
What is the target audience?
- This course if for people who are about to retire and have an opportunity to give a retirement speech to colleagues
Language of instruction: English