Imagine winning the next public speaking contest you enter. Wouldn't it be great to know that when you are competing in your next public speaking contest, that the judges all perceive you as confident, engaging and memorable?
In this How to Win a Public Speaking Contest course, you will learn the following:
*How to avoid the most common blunders most speech competitors make
*How to use video to polish your presentation
*How to tailor your speech to the judges' concerns
*How to improve all aspects of your platform skills
This course is delivered primarily through spoken lecture. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking.
The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
What are the requirements?
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
What am I going to get from this course?
- Win a public speaking contest
- Improve your stranding in a public speaking contest
- Use video rehearsal techniques more effectively
- Improve storytelling skills
What is the target audience?
- This is for students and adults who are competing in public speaking contests
Language of instruction: English