magine giving an acceptance speech in front of the people you respect the most (or perhaps the whole world) and you are brief, funny, thoughtful and insightful. Wouldn't it be great if you could leave a fantastic impression on people during your brief acceptance speech?
In this How to Give an Acceptance Speech course you will learn the following:
*How to say thanks in a genuine and memorable way
*How to avoid the most common blunders made by award winners
*How to appear poised and relaxed
*How to rehearse on video
This course is delivered primarily through spoken lecture. Because the skill you are learning is speaking related, it only makes sense that you learn through speaking.
The skill you will learn in this class is not primarily theoretical or academic. It is a skill that requires physical habits. That is why you will be asked to take part in numerous exercises where you record yourself speaking on video, and then watching yourself. Learning presentation skills is like learning how to ride a bicycle. You simply have to do it numerous times and work past the wobbling and falling off parts until you get it right.
What are the requirements?
- Students will need to record themselves speaking using a cellphone camera or webcam
What am I going to get from this course?
- Give an entertaining and poised acceptance speech
- Avoid the most common mistakes made by others in acceptance speeches
- Rehearse your acceptance speech on video
- Eliminate nervousness when speaking
What is the target audience?
- Anyone who has won an award or has been nominated for an award and might have to give an acceptance speech
Language of instruction: English